After a successful Groovy & Grails eXchange run by SkillsMatter last week, it seems that there is plenty of interest in keeping the London GGUG going on a regular basis. Several ideas were floated then, so I thought I’d bring them up here and elicit feedback:
- Two or three standard talks of 30-45mins each about any subject. Topics I would like to see covered include (in no particular order):
- Real life Grails on Google App Engine
- Real life Grails on Cloud Foundry
- Grails deployment and data migration
- GPars and/or static Groovy
- Writing AST transformations
- 6 * 10-15min slots on any topic, first come, first served
- Plugin-fest – anyone can get up and present for 5-15 mins on their favourite plugins (no agenda)
- Crowd-programming on an app, plugin, Grails issues, or anything else
If anyone has other ideas on session types or topics, then please let me know. I’m hoping that I can organise one with SkillsMatter sometime in mid- to late-January, so place your vote on what type of session you’d like! I’m currently thinking of a session with 5 or 6 10-15 min talks on what people are using Grails for, with plenty of time for questions.
I hope to see you in the new year!